ENROLLMENT FOR 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
Open enrollment begins on January 21, 2020. Please check if your home is within the Cyrus J. Morris Elementary School boundaries through this Website: https://parents.wvusd.k12.ca.us/wvusdschools/
If your home does not fall within the C.J. Morris boundaries, you will need to enroll at your school of residence (aka home school).
Priority enrollment begins on January 13, 2020 for current Cyrus J. Morris students who have siblings entering our school. If your child is currently enrolled at C.J. Morris, you do NOT need to re-enroll. Enrollment if only for NEW students coming to Cyrus J. Morris.
- A. ONLINE ENROLLMENT: (click here https://enrollment.wvusd.k12.ca.us) – verify that all of the information is correct, print, sign, and date. ***Online enrollment does not guarantee a spot at C.J. Morris. Parent needs to bring in all of the online forms and required documents for review and acceptance by Registrar.***
- B. ENROLLMENT CHECKLIST: All paperwork is to be completed by the student’s parent or legal guardian. Legal guardian must present proof of guardianship. Please note that children are not considered enrolled and will NOT be placed in a class until ALL of the requirements are met. In addition to the enrollment forms, the following need to be provided:
- 1. Child’s birth certificate (preferred), or passport if birth certificate is not in English
To enroll in Kindergarten, a child’s birth date must be on or before September 1, 2015. To enroll in Transitional Kindergarten (TK), a child’s birth date must be between Sept. 2 and Dec. 2, 2015.
- 2. Immunization Record (Doctor’s card with stamped signature or previous school record)
California Immunization Requirements (click here)
DTaP (Diptheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis)
Five (5) doses. Four (4) doses of DTaP meet the requirement if at least one dose was given on or after the 4th Three (3) doses meet the requirement if at least one dose of DTaP, DTP, Tdap, or Td vaccine was given on or after the 7th birthday. One or two doses of Td vaccine on or after the 7th birthday count towards the requirement.
Four (4) doses. Three doses of polio vaccine meet the requirement if one dose was given on or after the 4th birthday.
Three (3) doses.
Two (2) doses of measles, two (2) doses of mumps, and one dose of rubella vaccine meet the requirement, separately or combined.
Two (2) doses.
All children – physician must indicate on yellow immunization card (stamped by physician) or health provider printout when (month/day/year) child has had disease or immunization.
Health Examination (Kindergarten & 1st Grade)
Kindergarten students need to have the physical exam on or after March 1, 2020 so the exam will not have to be repeated for 1st grade.
Dental Examination (Kindergarten & 1st any 1st grade student who has never attended a public school.)
Due by May 28, 2020.
- 3. Residence Verification
At least two of the following current documents in the name of parent or legal guardian:
Property tax payment receipts
Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipts
Final escrow papers or mortgage statement or rental lease agreement with adult names on it. (If parent/legal guardian is living in the home of someone else, please contact the registrar.)
If you enroll a new incoming sibling, current enrollment information needs to be provided.
- 4. California Driver’s License (current address)
If no California driver’s license with current address, then California ID, passport, or other government-issued ID
***Note: Please bring all originals. You are welcome to make photo copies in order to decrease your time in the office; however, we do need to verify against originals.
Print the online enrollment forms and bring the required documentations to C.J. Morris after making an appointment. We will not accept incomplete packets (except for pending immunizations). During School Closure due to COVID19, Please contact Ms. Cheri by email: cTaing@wvusd.k12.ca.us to submit enrollment paperwork, again, after you have completed online enrollment. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming your family to the Cyrus J. Morris Matador family.
- ALL Grade Levels Health Assessment.pdf
- All Grade Levels Home Langugage Survey.pdf
- Mandarin WVUSD Home Language Survey.pdf
- CA Immunization Requirements.pdf
- Kindergarten 1st Grade (who have not attended public school) Oral Health Assessment Form.pdf
- Kindergarten 1st Grade Health Examination.pdf
- SHF - Korean - Student Housing Form pdf.pdf
- SHF - Mandarin - Student Housing Form pdf 2020.pdf
- SHF -Spanish - Student Housing Form- pdf (002).pdf
- SHF - (rev. SRF) Jan. 2020_.pdf