Open enrollment begins on January 22, 2019. Please check if your home is within the Cyrus J. Morris Elementary School boundaries through this Website: https://parents.wvusd.k12.ca.us/wvusdschools/
If your home does not fall within the C.J. Morris boundaries, you must enroll at your home school.
Priority registration begins on January 14, 2019 for current Cyrus J. Morris students who have siblings entering our school. If your child is currently enrolled at C.J. Morris, you do NOT need to re-enroll. Enrollment is only for NEW students coming to Cyrus J. Morris.
A. ONLINE ENROLLMENT: (click here https://enrollment.wvusd.k12.ca.us) – verify that all of the information is correct, print, sign, and date. ***Online enrollment does not guarantee a spot at C.J. Morris until parent brings in all of the online forms and required documents are reviewed and accepted by Registrar.***
B. ENROLLMENT CHECKLIST: All paperwork must be completed by the student’s parent or legal guardian. Legal guardian must present proof of guardianship.
Please note that children are not considered enrolled and will NOT be placed in a class until ALL of the requirements are completed. In addition to the enrollments forms, you must provide the following:
- Birth Certificate or Passport
To enroll in Kindergarten, a child’s date of birth must be on or before Sept. 1, 2014.
To enroll in TK, a child’s date of birth must be between Sept. 2 and Dec. 2, 2014.
- Immunization Record (Doctor’s card with stamped signature or previous school record)
- DTap (Diptheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis)
Five (5) doses. Four (4) doses of DTaP meet the requirement if at least one dose was given on or after the 4th birthday. Three (3) doses meet the requirement if at least one dose of Tdap, DTap, or DTP vaccine was given on or after the 7th birthday. One or two doses of Td vaccine on or after the 7th birthday count towards the requirement.
- Polio - Four (4) doses. Three (3) doses of polio vaccine meet the requirement if one dose was given on or after the 4th birthday.
- Hepatitis B - Three (3) doses.
- MMR - Two (2) doses of measles, two (2) doses of mumps, and one dose of rubella vaccine meet the requirement, separately or combined.
- Varicella (Chickenpox) - Two (2) doses.
All children – doctor must indicate on yellow immunization card when child has had disease or immunization. Card must be stamped and dated by a physician.
Health Examination (Kindergarten & 1st Grade) - Kindergarten students must have exam on or after March 10, 2019 so that exam will not have repeated for 1st grade.
Dental Examination (Kindergarten & any 1st grade student who never attended a public school.) - Must be completed by May 31, 2019.
3. Residence Verification
Escrow, deed, lease, property tax bill, rental agreement, or monthly mortgage statement
(must be current under parent or legal guardian’s name)
4. Utility Bill
Current gas, Edison, or water bill under parent or legal guardian’s name.
5. Driver’s License or California I.D.
Current address under parent or legal guardian’s name.
***Note: Please bring the original and a photocopy of items #1 through #5.
- Enrollment Checklist 19-20.pdf
- CA Immunization Requirements_.pdf
- WVUSD TK Parent Brochure 2019-20.pdf
- Transitional Kindergarten Application rev Jan 2019-20.pdf
- ALL Grade Levels Home Language Survey.pdf
- ALL Grade Levels (Gr. TK - 5) McKinney-Vento.pdf
- ALL Grade Levels Health Assessment.pdf
- Kindergarten 1st Grade (who have not attended public school) Oral Health Assessment Form.pdf
- Kindergarten 1st Grade Health Examination.pdf